Okay, friends. This post is all about skincare today! Showing you my favorite products and telling you guys the struggles I’ve had with my own skin. In my teenage years I had a lot of problems with acne and breakouts. I feel like I was constantly at the dermatologist, and I tried every medicine, cream, and antibiotic you could imagine to clear it up (pains me now to think about how bad this was for my body!!) I even ended up doing Accutane which if you don’t know what that is it’s an acne medicine that is very powerful and can actually create deformities in children if you were to get pregnant on it! I had to sign an agreement every month that stated I was not having sex or if I was that I was using two forms of birth control, crazy!!
Anyways, fast forward 6 years and I still get blemishes but my acne is under control and I am LOVING the skincare routine I’m currently using. I have tried so many brands and products over the years, and feel like I have finally landed on my favorites that make me feel beautiful and clean! Something that is super important to me in skincare is that the products are clean and high quality. I know that what we put on our bodies is just as important as what we put inside, so I make sure what I’m using is clean!
Let’s get into it but first, I want to remind you how important what we eat is to our skin health! Eating clean, real foods (veggies and fruits) and drinking lots of water are things that will contribute to beautiful, healthy skin. Also, I filmed an IGTV last week of my skincare routine and it includes these products! You can watch that if you want to see a more in-depth use of these! Okay here’s my favorite products for the skincare routine I am doing currently below!
- Ice Roller: this is not absolutely necessary but SO relaxing and so helpful for calming inflammation! I use it first thing in the morning to help depuff my face! I keep it stored in the freezer so it’s nice and cool 🙂
2. Origins Checks & Balances Frothy Face Wash: This is very gentle and perfect for all skin types. It doesn’t leave me feeling too dry or oily and helps clean off all the oils and toxins for a fresh start!
3. Origins Mega Mushroom Treatment Lotion: I’ve never really known what a toner could do for me until now. WOWZA. This has helped visibly reduce redness and hydrate my skin. Sometimes I just use this as my lotion in the morning if it’s an extra humid day! It acts as a protective barrier for your skin from environmental toxins.
4. Ginzing Tinted Moisturizer: A moisturizer with sunscreen in it is so important! Even if you don’t live somewhere hot, the reflection of snow or even the sun through the clouds can damage your face over time! I love this tinted moisturizer from my favorite Origins line, the GinZing line. I also love that it gives me a little tint to my skin. This stuff is amaze.
5. GinZing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff: I put just a little of this under and around my eyes in the morning when I wake up, helps those bags if you know what I mean (mamas?) and reduces the look of dark circles!
6. Isle of Paradise Tanning Drops: Last but not least I do one drop of these tanning drops a week mixed in with my tinted moisturizer or lotion that I apply at the end of my routine. This gives me color to my face so I don’t have to lay out and tan it (or burn it) and get skin cancer haha. I love this stuff! I suggest not using too much to start, one time I did too many drops and I was verryyyyy tan for a few days!
I have a discount code for items #2-5 from Origins! If you want to try anything from their site you can use code BRIT15 for 15% off! Let me know if you liked this blog and want to see more like this!
This Post Has 2 Comments
So question about Origins: is it worth it to take their quiz and buy what they recommend? I have pretty oily skin and live in a humid climate so it’s been a hassle experimenting with all these products to find a good skincare routine. Any specific recommendations?
Yeah I would for sure take the quiz! My favorites are: checks and balances face wash, the ginzing spf moisturizer , and the plant scription serum. I use those 2 products everyday! I live in a humid climate as well, and love these 3. If you do end up wanting to get some use code BRIT15 for 15% off.